Sunday, April 4, 2010

My wolf debate

It's a rather boring night in Roseburg. So.... I decided to settle the "great wolf debate" once and for all.

For those of you who have absolutely NO idea what I'm talking about, here's a little background:

It's 2007 or so. Linda, Patrick, Jared, and I were studying at the library. Was Kathy there? Dunno. The details are kinda hazy. Troy walks by and sits down and proceeds to tell us about this adventure he had in Portland. He was driving along highway 26, going to Portland.

"I was driving.....and then I SEE THIS WOLF ON THE HIGHWAY" He says

Linda frowns. "no you didn't. you didn't see a wolf. Was probably a dog"

"NO IT WAS A WOLF. I know what a wolf looks like" he insists.

We all pause for a moment.

Someone asks, "How do you know what wolves look like? Are there wolves in Hawaii?"

And so, started the great wolf debate. Errr... kinda. In reality, the great wolf debate was really just something that gets brought up every once in a while by Myron and I. When we went to Hawaii in '08, we were sure we were gonna solve the mystery....but got distracted by how awesome Kauai was instead.

So, on this very boring night in Roseburg, I consulted my web sources about this very curious question.

No, there are not wolves in Hawaii since dogs are not native to Hawaii. For the record, there are also no bears.

There.

No comments:

Post a Comment